With a range that includes off- the-shelf products alongside bespoke solutions, Haldane Fisher has an unrivalled reputation as a timber specialist.
The leading builders’ merchants has a specialist timber division that has been in place since the company was formed in 1946.
It is its manufacturing expertise that sets Haldane Fisher apart and continued significant investment in the company’s sawmills has enhanced this further. Using the latest milling techniques to deliver bespoke, detailed finishes, the sawmills machine both softwood and hardwood timber to deliver a vast array of various products. This includes timber treatment, I-Joists, Posi-Joists, Glulam, skirting, architraves and doors, amongst others.
This extensive product range can be sourced through any Haldane Fisher branches in Northern Ireland, England or the Isle of Man – a fact that has benefitted the growing number of customers working across the UK and Ireland.
As timber specialists, Haldane Fisher offers:
- Construction timber – Providing an extensive stock of construction timber, incorporating the dimensions and lengths required for modern-day building.
- Machined timber – The company’s specialist sawmills use the latest techniques and technology on both softwood and hardwood.
- Engineered timber – This department designs and manufactures roof trusses, I-Joists and Posi-Joists. This pre-fabricated timber roof solution helps to reduce labour time and the portfolio has been enhanced by the addition of I-Joists and Posi- Joists.
- Timber treatment – Timber is impregnated with either Vascol Aqua or Tanalith E wood preservatives under rigidly controlled conditions in a double vacuum/low pressure plant. Vascol Aqua treatment is suitable for material that will be used above the DPC level and/ or above ground contact. Tanalith E is a green preservative treatment and is used for material below the DPC level and/or ground contact.
- Panel products – The company’s panel product portfolio includes chipboard, OSB, MDF and a wide range of Custody Certified plywood for any application. Haldane Fisher also distributes Egger Protect – a chipboard panel faced with resin- coated paper which, when combined with Haldane Fisher’s I-Joists and Posi-Joists, give a comprehensive CoC certified and low-carbon flooring solution that is protected from the elements for up to 42 days during construction.
- Flooring – A variety of floor coverings is available in solid, engineered and laminates in a range of thicknesses and finishes suitable for domestic and industrial applications.
The breadth of Haldane Fisher’s timber portfolio is matched by the diversity of its customers, who range from builders of all sizes to serious DIYers and self- builders. Every customer, however, receives the same high standards of service from the experienced team. This includes advice and guidance on projects of every size.
While it is easy for a company to state that its products are of the highest quality, Haldane Fisher can prove it. Accreditations highlight the company’s overall commitment to quality and also to delivering sustainable and environmentally friendly timber solutions, with many products offering FSC and PEFC certification.
Haldane Fisher, Shepherd’s Way, Carnbane, Newry, Co. Down, BT35 6QQ.
T: +44 (0)28 3026 3201
F: +44 (0)28 3026 8101