Job Description: Sales Representative
Territory: Northern Ireland, Donegal, Mayo, Sligo, Leitrim, Cavan, Monaghan
IKO Roofing Products. Family Owned. Globally focused.
Established in 1951, IKO is a private, family run business and a worldwide leader in the roofing, waterproofing and insulation industry for residential and commercial markets. In order to strengthen and further drive our push to Market leader status we are seeking applications from suitably qualified and motivated individuals for a new Sales Representative position to join our distribution team.
We’re looking for a sales representative to make a difference, who will have a positive mindset and the ability to collaborate with colleagues across many professional disciplines.
The successful candidate will present, promote and sell IKO products to existing and prospective customers within the builder’s merchants, contractors and specifier professions and will be responsible for establishing, developing and maintaining positive customer relationships. This is an opportunity to develop a genuine career in a well-respected, established and progressive business.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited too;
- Build sustainable relationships with existing and new customers.
- Monitor sales and margin performance against targets and advise management of appropriate/necessary actions required.
- Ability to plan journeys/routes according to customer visit priorities
- Recognize new business opportunities and strategies based on customer needs to enhance company growth
- Organize and execute a business plan to meet territory sales goals and customer need
- Increase IKO market share in territory
- Call on roofing contractors, merchants and architects to drive genuine demand for IKO products.
- Perform product knowledge training sessions with customers
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly work
plans, and monthly and annual area analyses / reports.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitivedevelopments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending training workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
Candidates should ideally possess;
- Excellent understanding of the sales process with a demonstrable track record of successful territory development.
- Commercial and articulate skills with an analytical mind and a strong desire to achieve and exceed sales and margin targets.
- Confidence in your ability to negotiate and deliver results
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Good attention to detail with a practical “Can do” attitude.
- Experience using MS Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Roofing or building materials
- An understanding of the construction industryWe are pleased to offer a competitive salary, targeted bonus scheme, company car, company pension and as importantly a progressive and challenging workplace with a commitment to teamwork. Prior professional sales experience is preferred however IKO are willing to invest in the right candidate.
Please apply in confidence outlining your qualifications, experience and suitability. Please submit your resume/C.V. to [email protected].
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com