Managers makes CMYA shortlistA total of 63 of the best construction managers in the UK have been named in the shortlists for nine categories – all hoping to follow in the footsteps of Margaret Conway of McAleer & Rushe, who last year became the first woman to win the coveted Construction Manager of the Year title. The shortlist of managers from Northern Ireland based companies includes:
- John Campbell, McLaughlin & Harvey – Primary Education
- Declan Doherty, Farrans – Secondary Education
- Mel McMahon, Farrans – Secondary Education
- Karl Jordan, Gilbert-Ash – Leisure
- Aidan McCarron, McAleer & Rushe – Leisure
- Eamonn Laverty, McAleer & Rushe – Residential
- Jamie Cassidy, McAleer & Rushe – Office
They will be whittled down to a winner in each category, as well as one overall winner, when the awards are presented at a glittering ceremony at the Grosvenor House hotel in London on October 24, 2018.
This year is the 40th anniversary of the Construction Manager of the Year Awards, run by the CIOB every year since 1978.
The awards celebrate extraordinary individuals who go above and beyond to deliver buildings that make a positive impact on the lives of the people who use them.
The announcement of the finalists for each category follows a rigorous assessment process which sees the CMYA judges assess paper applications, as well as conducting site visits and panel interviews.
For more information on the CMYA and for the full shortlist, visit www.cmya.co.uk