Recent research by VELUX found that 1 in 8 UK home-owners are looking to replace or modernise their existing windows this year. However, many of these home-owners will be focusing on cost rather than quality when it comes to upgrading or replacing windows.
To help home-owners with the process of finding the ideal replacement for their existing roof windows, VELUX has created an online replacement guide at www.velux.co.uk/replacement. In five easy steps, home-owners can find the perfect VELUX roof window to replace their old roof window. The five steps are as follows:
1. Identify the data plate on your roof window.
2. Based on your data plate, select model and size of your roof window.
3. Select your preferred method of operating the roof windows (manual or automated).
4. Select the finish of your new roof window (white-painted, white polyurethane, or pine finish).
5. Select the glazing of your new roof window (noise reduction, maximum energy efficiency or toughened glass for extra safety).
Once these steps have been completed, home-owners will be served with a list of recommended products and their delivery times. Grant Sneddon, Daylight Expert at
VELUX, said, “We know that many home-owners are reluctant to go through the process of updating or modernising their roof windows. That’s why VELUX has launched this campaign, to show people just how easy replacing old roof windows can be.
“By going through our ve simple steps online, home-owners can find the exact product to match their requirements. And having offered the same range of roof windows for the last 40 years, it is usually very easy to nd a direct size match. In most cases, the work can be carried out inside the home, without disrupting the internal nishes and without scaffolding, in as little as four hours.”
There are four key benefits of replacing old roof windows with new VELUX roof windows – better insulation; glazing to match your needs; a choice of operation methods; and matching modern décor.