Innovation, hard work and integrity are the keys to success for this family-run business. Its advanced, computerised-batching dual plant has the capacity to produce over 90m³ of concrete per hour. RTU is known as a pioneer of ready-to-use mortar, coloured mortar, plaster, Ultraflo® hemihydrate liquid floor screed and Exposa® Decorative Concrete.
The company boasts a skilled and experienced workforce, whose ethos is to strive to deliver the very best in everything they do, and who are committed to understanding and satisfying the needs and expectations of customers. Having achieved the BSI Kitemark, RTU can give assurances on quality, product safety and performance, as well as compliance with the ever-increasing tough European regulations.
The RTU product range includes:
- Mortar – RTU mortar is delivered to site ready-to-use and is available as an eight or 36-hour retarded mortar, which remains useable for this period. It can be manufactured in over 40 shades of coloured mortar to cater for the ever-increasing assortment of brick and block designs and colours available today.
- Plaster – RTU plastering mortar is a factory-produced plastering mortar for external and internal applications. Customers can choose from the option of a water-proofing agent for plastering exteriors, or specialist mixes to meet the requirements of any size of project. Coloured plaster is also available.
- Concrete – RTU offers a great variety of mixes to meet the many challenges of modern construction, whether you need fibres, waterproof, foam, air-entertained, pumped or coloured ready-mixed concrete.
- Screed – Conventional, improved drying and fibre-modified floor screeds are manufactured through RTU’s state-of- the-art planetary mixing process, providing excellent cement dispersion throughout the mix with zero balling, which ensures a uniform compressive strength throughout.
- Ultraflo® Liquid Screed – This self-levelling liquid floor screed has the benefit that it does not suffer from surface laitance (a scum/dust of material adhering to the top of the screed during the curing process).
- Exposa® Decorative Concrete – An aesthetically pleasing alternative not only to plain concrete but also to traditional paving, asphalt and loose gravel, Exposa® Decorative Concrete offers a durable, slip-resistant finish that is ideal for outdoor surfaces, including driveways, footpaths, promenades, town centres and pedestrian zones.
RTU products are suitable for use on a wide range of building projects, including social housing; large commercial and educational projects (such as Titanic, the Thompson Graving Dock and University of Ulster); residential projects; public healthcare buildings (such as the Belfast City Hospital scanner unit); and large public spaces, like Victoria Park and Castlerock promenade.
RTU recently provided ready-mix mortar for two prestigious Belfast projects – the new exhibition centre at the Waterfront Hall (design architect, Todd); and Mencap’s new Children and Families’ Centre (working with main contractor, Mascott).